Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, finally, finally, got the Twin Lakes skunk off my back. After yesterday's fiasco with not being able to set my ultralite lure hooks, went this evening and got three LMB. Got two 10" one was really phat and got one 12". Sorry, no picks, not enough light. Yesterday brought a knife to a gun fight(6lb. test and small hooks), today brought a bazooka to a gun fight (10lb. test and larger hooks). I have to find a happy medium though, the two 10in. LMB I caught, tore up their mouths.

Fished from 8 to 9:30 all hits came in the first 1/2 hour after that bite fell off completely. Was casting in the dark, couldn't really see where. All of a sudden my rod starts jumping all over the place, figured I got a Northern or Muskie. Then I hear all kinds of quacking. You got is I hit a duck. He managed to pick it out of it's feathers, thank God.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Islandfisher said:
Thanks for the report Al. And don't worry, your not the only one on this site that has caught a duck before!
I think he is referring to me. We were at the Busse WWD this winter and a duck came up and grabbed my worm. I tried to pull it out of it's mouth, but it was stuck in it's tongue. :( Let's just say that the line broke and that duck now has a permanent tongue piercing.

Then there was the time that a swan came up while i was fishing and got the line wrapped around it's neck........................

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
LOL I remember that one. I was actually talking about myself though. During the first WCF tourney this winter I had a duck on my line for about 10 seconds before he shook it out.

That damn WWD duck ruined a bunch of my chances to catch big fish. While I was sight fishing, I would throw the crawler slightly past the fish and then bring it back. The problem was that the duck would then chase the crawler over the Bass and scare the poop out it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.