Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my fishing for the day fell through when my friend called me at 6 am this morning to tell me that he was sick, so I decided to give the Glen a try. I went out for about an hour this morning and got the skunk. I fished the north pool and had several bass follow my X-rap and spinnerbait to shore, but no takers.

Not wanting to give up for the day I went back and fished the south pool in the afternoon for about 1 1/2 hours and met up with Gither. Shortly after arriving I got this on one of my homemade spinnerbaits.

Then we moved to the area by the bridge and I caught this on a Zoom Trick Worm.

Then I learned a valuable lesson today; always check your line. I caught a bigger bass that was close to 18" and when I went to lift it out of the water my line snapped. :(

The bass were not hitting as well as I thought they would. The strikes were rather slight.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
toothdoc said:
Then I learned a valuable lesson today; always check your line. I caught a bigger bass that was close to 18" and when I went to lift it out of the water my line snapped. :(
I hate when that happens! I've been thinking of buying a small net to take out with me just in case I catch "the big one". The problem is I hate carrying so much stuff around with me when I go out.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sean, I do have a small net and I stopped carrying it around for that reason. I could have definitely used it yesterday. :x

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The plastic worm was fished with a 1/8 oz. bullet weight or a 1/8 oz. jig. I just slowly pulled it along with bottom.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ill be at the glen after work for a while to.. Probably about 3pm.
As usually, brown nike hat and red grainger windbreaker.
If I ever get a pic of me catching a fish, ill use it as avatar.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
MY school's server blocks photobucket and doesn't allow me to view photos while I'm at work. I just got home and checked out the photos. Man those fish look really healthy and and colorful. Well done doc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.