Chicago Fishing Forum banner

5/17 & 5/18 Mixed Report w/ Pics

697 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  AL-Quatics 
#1 ·
First report in a while due to activity overload at work, little league coaching, etc, etc. Made it out to Lake Wonder-Tucky on Sunday with the father-in-law from 3-6 and solo til 7:30. He got a decent little 12" bass on a crappie jig & a small kitty on a rapala. I got one BULL-gill (no pic) on a jig & 2" grub and two decent bass (14" & 16") on a shakey-head & 6" Gulp worm. Lots of time bteween bites but a nice time on the water regardless.

Decided not to battle the wind on Monday evening out on my boat so I hit up the Fox for the 1st time in a few weeks. First cast w/ a jig & Gulp worm resulted in a big hit & fight in heavy current. Lost the battle when my line snapped on a vicious head shake & I was able to see a very large Muskie slap his tail in front of me & say buh-bye. Thought my night would be ruined after that but I almost made up for it with this:

Estimated her at 24" & 4-5 lbs. Jig & 3" White Gulp minnow grub w/ a great fight for a walleye. Missed a couple more but didn't really care at that point. May head back out tonight if the schedule allows. Until then, good fishing.

Alex

See less See more
#3 ·
Awesome Job Alex! You will get that Ski next time.

Man, all these reports are killing me especially this one with a mixed bag of fish. I have not been out for a while now since all of a sudden I got swamped with side jobs. But that is a good thing. :mrgreen:

#6 ·
Since moving up North I don't when I'll be able to fish The Glen anymore. My pops still lives in D.P. & I occasionally have meetings at our other facility in D.P., so an outing may be in order on one of those occasions. Can't say I don't miss the place though... 2-3 years ago I seemed to slaughter the bass & a few 'eyes every time out.

On a side note, the company that is working with the Glenview Park District (took over for the old contractor) treats & manages our irrigation ponds at work. I had a long conversation with him about a month or so ago. The botched x-mas tree experiment a few years back was the old contractor's fault and should've been done correctly this time. They purposely tried sinking most of the trees a LONG cast from shore or more so the fish would have additional habitat without too much additional pressure, though I haven't seen the lake in a while to be the judge of the new structure's actual placement. He participated in a shocking survey a little while back and the numbers of bass were very good with the largest sampled at 23-24". The walleye numbers were fairly strong with the biggest at 25". Pike were sparse and crappie numbers lower than expected but the average size was better. There a re a few monster cats they shocked up also. I asked him and he may be able to produce a depth contour map for me. He did say there is a 25'+ deep hole towards the mouth of the far NE bay. Hope some of this info helps you guys. I plan on talking to him when I can for more info & updates. Additional terrestial & aquatic plantings are in the works. Top secret info on other local waters may be forthcoming :wink: ... until then, good fishing.

Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.