Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Sounds like this place is heating up. I will be there Saturday morning early to start my attempt to catch the "big one"! This looks like a great lake for some nice fish, but I haven't been there yet. I always like to try a new lake.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I don't know what time fishing opens in the morning, but I do know that it closes at 8 pm. Ask Augy what happens if you fish past that time. :lol:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I Plan on showing up to, hopefully about 5:30. Ill be good this time.

All this early morning fishing kinda cuts into some quality Friday night beer drinking. Good thing though i guess.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was out there for the 1st time wed. afternoon. Fished the north side and around that hill in the middle. Got the big skunk and saw a snake that scrared the living $hit out of me :eek: !! That snake was by the rock wall west of the hill... so guys, be careful out there!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I didnt see how long it was cause I just freaked out and jump as far as I can. But what I saw was an estimated diameter around 3-4" of silvery gray color quickly slithering away from underneath the stonewall. I guess we scared each other.....

·
Registered
330 Posts
2 years ago I called to the office to let them know about the snake situation at Lk Glenview. Long story short, these are water snakes and are not poisonous, though they will bite.

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
spiroh said:
2 years ago I called to the office to let them know about the snake situation at Lk Glenview. Long story short, these are water snakes and are not poisonous, though they will bite.
Yep, most likely a watersnake. They will bite if you agitate them, but are non-poisionous. The endangered Easter Massasauga rattlesnake is about the only snake to worry about in Northern IL. There was a dog bitten by one in Mchenry County last month. Probably have a better chance of being struck by lightning then ecountering one of those though.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Thats a northen water snake. I got bit by one once, she just grazed me and it wouldn't stop bleeding. Turns out the have something in thier saliva that prevents the blood from forming a clot. So keep a respective distance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.