Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met 2glasseyes tonight for a few hours of fishing. 2GE was in his canoe when I arrived in the SS Awesome.(that's right 2ge's canoe counts for one more in the armada!) When I took the pic below I was towing him to the other side of the lake using my trolling motor.

I ended up with three bass in total. Two were about the size of my hand. The third was as long as the one I caught on Beck a few days ago (15"): but a little fatter.

I had lost my last orange/green strikeking spinner last time on Beck to a nice bass on a line snap :cry: . Today I stuck with an all chartreuse spinner and got similar results. I was planning on trying some Zoom trick worms (docs recent favorite) but I didn't have enough time to stop at dicks on my way to the lake, there's always next time.

Here's a pic of the SS Awesome that rudy snapped today. Anyone is welcome on it: but beware it's pretty tiny!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice fish Sean really green & great pics :D

When u say spinner r u referring to spinerbaits ot inline spinners ?

Glad to see Beck giving up some fish lately :)

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Nice bass...(and i see you have a battery cover) no ticket for you .. :lol:

Unless you don't have a "Sounding Device"...lol

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL no sounding device :( !

I caught it on a spinnerbait. It was a strikeking "mini-king" with a 4" twister tail.

Does anyone else use trailers on their spinnerbaits? I often use twistertails. Sometimes you can work the bait so slow that the spinner itself doesn't spin too much. However the twistertail will always go nuts no matter how slow you move it.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
"Does anyone else use trailers on their spinnerbaits? "

Yup ...all the time ...more action the better

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.