Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this afternoon, walked the lake. Coming here during the week is nuts now. The parking lot is FULL and the entire walkway around the lake is jam packed full of people.
Last night I was here and saw a couple loons (Wish I had camera then). The variety of birds that come to this lake is pretty impressive.

Caught a few bass last night and a few more today. Today it was VERY windy. Plan on going back tonight after wrapping up some work at home. Using small diving rapala mostly. Getting weedier...

This is the best of the bunch. Catch, release, and move on. Walking the lake is fun and good exercise:

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nice bass bud!

I was out there as well this afternoon around 1pm. Pulled out a couple of bass. Nothing special around 8-10in each.

Can't wait to spend a good chunk of time there this summer, that lake is always rewarding.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right it's very rewarding. Hard to leave here without catching something.

Just most of the bass you'll catch here aren't too big but hey it's still fun.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Great report. You always do so well there. How do you effectively use a diving rapala with so much weed all around the lake? I always have trouble using artificials there because you have to clean it off after every retrieve.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's weedy, but not as weedy as it's going to be.
There's still plenty of room just alongside the weed clumps. You can reel in, look at where it's going, and just about know when they're going to hit it.
I prefer soft plastics but it was pretty windy.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I always fish the outside of the weed beds. Usually throw a texas or carolina rig a few feet over them and retrieve it the few feet before the weeds. Caught a nice 16" last Friday doing that.

The bass in that lake are feisty. Usually a spinnerbait ripped through the weeds triggers numerous strikes as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.