Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the private pond with my friend today. All I can say is that the fishing was slow. Caught a bunch of dinks. I lost 3 big fish as I was lifting them out of the water. :oops: One the line broke, one the hook pulled out of his mouth and one wrapped the line around a metal pole. I did manage these ones though.

All of the fish that we caught were caught on Zoom lizards and Zoom Trick Worms. :wink: The light bite continues.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Awsome fish Doc ! :shock:

R u lifting them out of the water with the rod ?

I usually bring them close enough to lip them out.

Braided line Doc ?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that I should have lipped them, but............it's hard to see from the pic, but I was standing on a platform that is out over the water. It is about 4 feet above the water, making it hard to lip them. I should have had braided line or have brought a net along. :oops: Next time..................

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Nice fish Doc...As I recall you lost a few at the WWD that way :wink:
one was a tourny winner

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice fish Tim. I usually lip them but sometimes my line will break when I have the fish's head out of the water and I'm going to grab them.

Next time I'm out I am going to buy a smaller net along with some Trick Worms. :wink:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Big Al said:
Hey Doc :!: From the looks of the place that you were fishing at, shouldn't the butler be netting your fish for you. :D
:lol: Actually Al, the place that we were fishing has two ponds. One is bigger that we normally fish. This one is smaller and is used as a swimming pool. Obviously there are some big bass in that swimming pool. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.