Chicago Fishing Forum banner

5-23----5-26 fremont, Wolf River

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  washhusky101 
#1 ·
after the long haul we reached waupaca at 12:00 midnight and had some un packing to do we hit the Wolf River saturday morning and we messed around at a couple of spots then is when the fun began we found a big school of white bass and stayed there for and hour catching 50 or 60 fish. Wow amazing but it only got better from there we found the big males 12-14 inchers then sunday came around and we grabbed a bite to eat and waited to till the storms blew over and headed out we got to the Fremont and i went down to the doc and got a crappie and a rock bass the we hit the water and headed to the same spot that produced saturday first thing when we got there we got these two below and many more

after these two i casted out against the shoreline and saw a little smallie jump out of the water with my jig in his mouth

then the white bass started up again as soon as i casted out boom my drag was screaming it was a good 10 minute fight but i got in a 21 inch northern pike

then maybe try like 20 minutes and i landed another morthern pike this one a little over 24 inches

wow i said then i casted again and caught a walleye about 13.5 inches but we didnt get a picture until later on we were so busy catching white bass
then we headed in a because the storms were coming and my dad went to the resort and i sated at the docks while i was catching a handful of crappie i decided to put my jig just on the sea wall boom my drag ripped and a smallie jumped out of the water he was 3lbs and 18 inches

we got home and my dad looked in the cooler and said that is alot of fish ill be up till midnight filetig them yum yum they will be good in the frying pan beer batered

then came around to monday morning we woke up to a beutiful morning with highs in the lower 50's then we hit the water knowing it was our last day fishing we went to the same spot that we were at sunday boom we anchored and right off the bat i cast and my drag starts ripping it took me a good 30 minutes bfore this catfish came in it had to be a good 25-30 pounds
we only got pictures from her in the water dont want her in the boat

then we went back in to the other spots and tried my dad caught a 17.5 inch walleye and it was tagged by the dnr according to the regulations you have to send the tag in so we will be sending it in. besides the 17.5 inch walleye we also got another walleye this day we also got alot of big white bass so we still have some fileting to do ill take pics of the cooler soon thanks for hanging for this long post
Wolfriverfisher15-

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.