Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i may have caught a small mouth. Im guessing he was ~10 inches maybe more. i have never caught one before so im kinda guessing he was a smallie. He was quite bronze. When i saw him someone walking by asking me if that was a smallmouth. So i guess it was... Pretty interesting cause they werent listed on this site. I got him in between this fallen tree and the fountains, if you can tell where that is. It's west of bridges.

·
Registered
330 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
I was thinking of that same post. They stocked them at Axehead though.
You've always heard the stories about fish being transported via bird $hit. Maybe that's how it happened? Somebody told me 2 years ago they caught a smallie from there before I didn't believe it at the time, but who knows. It might also have been a rock bass.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
FishinMatt said:
spiroh said:
FishinMatt said:
Possibly a rock bass?
Ha ha I just posted the same thing. Very possible. I've caught some that have looked goldish brown before. Their body types are similar as well.
Funny stuff. Sometimes anglers see the red eyes and associate that with the smallie.
LMAOOOO Matt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.