Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did pretty well today. I decided to just use live bait (large fatheads). I seemed to be one of the only guys having luck. Even the guys with the boats said that they caught nothing. I caught a whole bunch of crappie and bass. The crappie started biting early and it lasted for about an hour. Then, about an hour later, the wind started blowing pretty hard and we got some nice largemouth. That lasted for about a half hour, but while it lasted, it was great. I was getting bass on basically every cast. I didn't keep count of the fish, but it was a fun morning. Here's some pics:

In this next picure, this bass was really messed up...it looked to have bite marks going from its mouth, down its head, and there were even some on its side. Any ideas on what kind of fish could have caused this?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice job Phil,maybe a pike or musky attacked it or a battle with a trolling motor blade :?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Culprit said:
Nice job Phil,maybe a pike or musky attacked it or a battle with a trolling motor blade :?
Thanks guys. Aris, I was thinking the same thing.

553 Posts
Wow! What a great report. I'm totally digging the pictures their so clear. I also recently decided to switch things up and fish with live bait. Those are some nice fish you caught there. Keep up the good work, and the great reports. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts