Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for just gettin' around to posting this now, but as usual my work schedule's been gettin' in the way of my postin' & fishin' time. Been hitting up a couple local ponds in the late evening/after dark w/ buzzbaits to get my fix during the week with moderate success... lots of short hitters but still some decent hook-ups.
Managed to get out to the Glen Sunday morning & evening. Fished from 8:30-10:30in the AM; winds moderate from the WNW w/ some cloud cover left over from Sat. night's rains. While it was cloudy the walleye were cooperating, though biting extremely light. When the sun came out for good at 9:30 the walleye shut off and went to sleep but the bass were still hungry. Managed 5-6 eyes on a jig & Gulp Minnow slowly bounced off the bottom in the first hour, as well as two chunky 15" bass after the sun broke through. A few of the walleye were small guys around 10-12", but I got pics of two nice ones at 16" & 18", respectively, as well as the two bass. The evening bite was much slower as I only landed two "cigar" walleyes at about 8" and lost one a little bigger on the way in, but at least got to view a nice sunset and FINALLY relax for a few minutes after another hellish week at work. I'll take poor fishing & a great sunset anyday to help me forget about the week that was and the week to come. As always, good fishing.
Alex

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was most defintely not fishing from a boat, just "creative self picture-taking" I suppose. But if it appears I'm on a boat or higher up from the water....... :wink: Good fishing.
Alex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.