Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ran into basscaster today, lost my hook on a tree and didn't bring my box around the lake with me so asked him for a couple hooks :lol: . anyway, got a monster 10 inch gill today i call the giant gills out of belleau...belleau gills :lol: :lol: :lol: .other than that, it was a crazy day. got 2 bass, 1 about 13 inches and the other was like 7 inches. another CRAZY thing that happned today was no-bait bluegill fishing:p , basscaster your hooks are awsome, i put a plain hook in the lake and caught some greenies (like 13 of them) ...it was a fun day,caught like 40 gills some on hotdog and some on crawlers. The bass were caught on crawlers on side of the lake by the highway(thanx for the tip basscaster).........and.. :shock: :shock: :shock: ..i saw a GIANT I MEAN GIANT BASS , it was an easy 6 lbs. i tried to get it but it slurped my crawler right off. IT was a good day on the water :wink:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I definitely need to bring out waders to fish along the rockline. I thought I'd get by with just casting from shore, but it was just too difficult. I didn't catch anything either. Went to the glen after and fished till 8pm and didn't catch anything either. Glad to see you got out though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been to Belleau twice now, and no luck, no bites even. I only saw small fish, about the size of my hand, and I couldn't catch them. I have been using rubber worms, and I am starting to think that the fish do not think they look tasty! I fished on the highway side yesterday, and on the opposite side a few days ago. I am going to start to use hot dogs, because friends of mine have told me how good it can be. Hope to see ya out there!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.