Chicago Fishing Forum banner

5/28/07

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  McMurph120 
#1 ·
ran into basscaster today, lost my hook on a tree and didn't bring my box around the lake with me so asked him for a couple hooks :lol: . anyway, got a monster 10 inch gill today i call the giant gills out of belleau...belleau gills :lol: :lol: :lol: .other than that, it was a crazy day. got 2 bass, 1 about 13 inches and the other was like 7 inches. another CRAZY thing that happned today was no-bait bluegill fishing:p , basscaster your hooks are awsome, i put a plain hook in the lake and caught some greenies (like 13 of them) ...it was a fun day,caught like 40 gills some on hotdog and some on crawlers. The bass were caught on crawlers on side of the lake by the highway(thanx for the tip basscaster).........and.. :shock: :shock: :shock: ..i saw a GIANT I MEAN GIANT BASS , it was an easy 6 lbs. i tried to get it but it slurped my crawler right off. IT was a good day on the water :wink:

#8 ·
I definitely need to bring out waders to fish along the rockline. I thought I'd get by with just casting from shore, but it was just too difficult. I didn't catch anything either. Went to the glen after and fished till 8pm and didn't catch anything either. Glad to see you got out though.

#9 ·
I have been to Belleau twice now, and no luck, no bites even. I only saw small fish, about the size of my hand, and I couldn't catch them. I have been using rubber worms, and I am starting to think that the fish do not think they look tasty! I fished on the highway side yesterday, and on the opposite side a few days ago. I am going to start to use hot dogs, because friends of mine have told me how good it can be. Hope to see ya out there!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.