Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
I was there last Saturday and got skunked. Threw everything I had and even went for carps using homemade bait. It was a nice day so south pool was really crowded but I didn't see anyone catching anything except couple bluegills some kid caught with a worm & a bobber. Checked out the dock, water was very low like knee deep at most.

Good luck out there today and let us know how you did. Maybe the water level is higher with the recent rain.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Caught a few nice ones on a jig worm a week ago. Took my friend's daughter out. We cast out a 1/32 oz gopher jig head with a 4 1/2" roboworm Aaron's Magic color. Caught a bunch of bucks and 4 nice fat females. Weeds were non-existent. Caught a few by both of the bridges. The rest came from underwater points. Did much better at IG with the same technique a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Yes, that place was much better when it first opened. Then came the fishing pressure and things have really tapered off to the point of it not really being worth the effort anymore. I am only 5 minutes from the lake, but would much rather spend an hour in the car to go somewhere else that is more productive. One of the problems with the place is that they never really had anyone in charge of the maintenance of the lake that knew what they were doing. That and the fact that the catch and release there is a total joke. Way too many bucketheads that never get caught.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Worked the north end a little bit around 3 pm for some quick fishing. Caught 2 crappies on a 5" trigger x minnow lol.

Can't believe they went after it with the water being so muddy there today, I guess you just gota keep casting and moving until you find fish, and that's what I like about the place, plenty of shore to fish.

The carp seem to be still jumping everywhere, sooner or later you'll hear one jump no matter where you are it seems.

I've seen people pull up bass near the northeast pool with the grass on the shore and there were some bass at the pier last week in their beds. This year I've only caught 3 bass there roughly 2-3 lb range and I've seen a dead walleye 20"+ washed to shore :cry: Good luck out there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.