Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit up Lake Glenview this morning from 6 until 11 with my dad and sister. Very, very slow with almost nothing hitting. We started at the northern side and after not getting anything we moved to the southern rock wall. Dad caught a 10" bullhead and we had a couple of 4" bluegill. It was awful slow today and extremely frustrating. I moved to the lily pad area for a few minutes and ended up with this guy on a white spinnerbait.

14" largemouth

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fished from 130 to 330 fished all over but mostly on the southern rock wall used a carolina rig with a plastick worn and some spinner baits but no luck im probably going back in an hour

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
I must say, I'm really disappointed at these Lake Glen reports. What has happened? Last year was a great year for that lake!

I think i'll place a call tomorrow to the fisheries manager to see what's up.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Just tell them to hit Belleau.......... :lol:....a 30 foot deep
lake is always better than a 4 foot one..
.(sorry just not a big "Glen"...fan) They should have dug it MUCH deeper.

It looks nice though. But....I feel like I should be shopping not fishing when I go there....maybe they need a BSP there to round it off.... :roll:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm starting to get pretty frustrated with this lake too. There must be something wrong after re-reading the reports from last year. There are some good fish in there somewhere, but I don't know what's going on. Maybe there is too much fishing pressure and the fish are getting wise. When we left there yesterday before noon there were probably at least 20 people (mostly kids) on the south rock wall alone.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I too have been frustrated with the Glen. I think that it is too over-fished by not only bucket fishermen, but others that kill the fish when they have them out of the water. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
ClancyWiggum said:
When we left there yesterday before noon there were probably at least 20 people (mostly kids) on the south rock wall alone.
there's your answer right there. the glen has seen a significant increase in fishing pressure compared to last year. i've never seen so many people out there fishing before.

i've done well fishing spots off the beaten path. the south pool rock wall, the island with the bridges and the docks all see lots of pressure. i still haven't fished the entire west shoreline. maybe it's time to start exploring that lake again. :wink:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's really a shame because it's a great looking lake and with the stocking program holds a lot of nice fish. I just wonder how the fish are doing reproducing on their own. I haven't really seen any small bass that would indicate to me that the fish are reproducing on their own. The smallest bass I have seen are in the size range that indicates they are fish that came to the lake through the stocking program. Has anyone else seen tiny bass, northern, or walleye swimming around in this lake indicating a healthy, self reproducing population??

·
Registered
345 Posts
The Glen was great at the begining of the season, hardly anyone was there and fishing was great. Ill bet the fishing pressure has just been pretty bad and the fish are shying away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.