Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met up with Danno this morning and fished lagoon #6 for about five hours.

While fishing near the dam I pulled a total Bill Dance when I lost my balance and fell back into my seat(your basic clamp on fishing chair). The thing is I didn't fully tighten the seat before I left shore which meant the seat fell off the boat and I went head first into lagoon #6! My little stumble would have dominated an episode of America's Home Videos: too bad no one got it on camera.

Back to the fishing, Dan and I only managed a few bass between the two of us. My fish all came on a floating jointed baby pike rapala. This is one of my new favorite lures. It works great in shallow water with thick weeds that extend just below the surface. Most of the bass were dinks besides the first one I caught. I'll post the pic later if I can get my soaking wet camera to work. :oops: :oops: :oops:

We ran into RainKing in the morning and #1Cubsfan stopped by to say hi during his lunch break. Despite my little swim and a possibly damaged camera and cellphone I had a great time: it was nice to get out and see some other WCF members on the water.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Told you, dude! Thats what you get for taking two on a boat with a weight rating of 240 lbs. :lol: Glad to hear you're o.k. Good thing you didnt get skunked. Now go get your shots.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
This is why they require a "Sounding Device"....LOL...MOB

(Like Rose with her whistle in the movie..... Titanic)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Boat wasnt bad at all! Pretty stable if you ask me. I even stood up a few times! Considering we are both about as skinny as a toothpick im sure we were fine with the 300lb limit. I stayed about an hour after IslandFisher did, but it got way to hot out for me... Was nice to fish the goons on a boat, you can cover way more area very quickly.
Thanks a ton IslandFisher! I give the SS-Awesome 2 thumbs up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I arrived about 6 am and shortly after seeing the storied SS Awesome and her crew I managed my only bass of the day (the twelve inch non picture worthy variety). After moving to different spot I saw Island Fisher land a couple of bass within about 10 minutes of each other(I assume the ones he was refering to earlier). At this spot however I was pulling off handfulls of vegetation off my "weedless" rigged senko with every cast and then had one of my more brilliant ideas...

I decided to head over to Beck (you know, to get away from the weeds :lol: )

Rainking47<--------valadictorian of his college graduatng class. :wink:

Just goes to show even smart guys do stupid things from time to time.

Suffice to say, with the temps getting hotter and hotter and the weeds thicker(few if any pockets) and thicker I would have had a better chance catching fish by fishing in my backyard.

So the better of my two ideas today.... I left Beck and went golfing.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rainking47 said:
. . . After moving to different spot I saw Island Fisher land a couple of bass within about 10 minutes of each other(I assume the ones he was referring to earlier).

My camera got fried, but just this last week, Rudy was able to save all the files from the memory card and put them on a CD for me. The pic above is before I took my little swim. Look closely and you can see rainking in the background.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Glad to hear that you were able to get the pictures off of the card. I am always worried about dropping my camera in the water after doing that with my phone about a month ago in LM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.