Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EYE for an EYE said:
What does a fishermans car look like?
Unwashed, unkempt on the inside, usually a map of some kind sitting on the passenger seat, a change of clothes sitting on the back seat and a spare rod or two sticking up out of the back. In my case, cigar haze that doesn't seem to want to go away. And the smell. Apparently, I have been told, you can smell my car coming.

As for details, whenever I think I'm done writing something down, I think of other things.
In this case, the smell of the flowers on some blooming trees that were nearby. Captivating.

Some times I go back and add it, some times I forget.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Man, your reports are great. The weather is what has been keeping me from getting out on the rivers/streams. I just have to drive too damn far to get there, and realize I can't get into the water and wade where I want to go because of water levels and current. :(

Soon, I hope. Very soon.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Darth Wader said:
We've been having luck on the main river...my 8 yr old got a fatty on Mother's day=)
I could just see you terrorizing your kids...hey kids, watch this.... as you step into raging flood waters to catch a fish.

I keep meaning to hit the main river, but I checked out 3 creeks over the weekend and I have 2 more I want to check on.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Darth Wader said:
Appears to be steadily dropping...maybe another day or 2 before I make an attempt at wading.
One to two inches of rain predicted in the next 36 hours.

That's going to screw up everything, even the creeks.

Which is fine, won't have time to fish this weekend anyway.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.
The stuff I write lately isn't quite up to what I was doing a few short years ago. At least I don't think so.
Something is a little different, but I can't quite get it.

I chalk it up to being preoccupied with little things like life.

I'm having fun with it either way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.