Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my 2 brothers, god mother and I planned on going today about a week ago. 330am my dad calls me and says get your *** up, i'll meet you there. We hit the shoe at 0530 with only a few other anglers. One guy had a decent size perch but everything seemed quiet and slow. Gobies galore, few tiny coho, rockbass and dink....yes dink perch. My brother hooked a 8"er later on and that was it. We initially were only using plastics but after an hour or so, I went to the car to get the minner bucket :x The gent next to us gave us his 3 keepers when he left and his bait. We messed around a bit more and got out of there around noonish. Quite dissapointing but it was good to get on the water with the family.

We hope for redemption soon :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tough day all around IMO. I dont have much to eat but being with the fam was great! I dont get to fish with my old man often enough. I'll try my best to make it out tomorrow even though I'm suppose to go to church with my parents at 1030. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
dont get down on yourself. perch fishing is really hit or miss. i went on memorial day after a great bite during the week and nothing was happening because of an east wind. they'll turn off for so many different reasons.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah catch it did suck but u are right being out with u guys and getting away before having to go to work was well worth it.I needed that.. But next time it on we will find them for sure. lol......Hey were is my pic of my fish lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.