Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished NorthWestern Arm, Northern side again from about 3-5 the action was again pretty much non stop. All were decent size 13-16" LMBS, and 1 dink LMB. They were hitting just about everything about 6-10' out. X-Rap and Spinnerbait worked the best.. About 9 were landed successfully.
I just new it was going to be a good day, right when I walked around the bend from up on the hill I could just see them all lined up at shore waiting. Tons of bass just waiting. Some we even jumping at the cotton from the cotton wood trees.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Good job Dan, I saw the same things at Belleau on the weekend..The bass were "in feed mode".Must be spawn'in time here in Illinois.It's almost June and the weather has been warm ...IT'S TIME TO FISH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Way to go danno!

If you have the bass dialed in at Arlington why go to a new lake, go get'em!

P.S. You should still go to deep though it really kicks some major ass!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Islandfisher said:
Way to go danno!

If you have the bass dialed in at Arlington why go to a new lake, go get'em!

P.S. You should still go to deep though it really kicks some major ass!
Yea, seems like I got Lake Arlington pretty good, really getting to know that lake, plus I met a few old timers there who were watching them dig it out many years and gave me a few tips on the lake.

Id love to hit Deep Lake soon! I get paid Thurday this week so im off to Dicks to replace a few lures I lost recently, be real nice to try em at Deep lake! Sucks getting paid once a month.

If anyone that knows Deep Lake(and has a motor) would like to go this weekend let me know!

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Glad you're getting to know Lake Arlington, Dan. I really love that lake. And like everyone else says, get out to Deep Lake with us if you can. It's been my "home" lake for 30 years. Great place.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
JasonN said:
It's been my "home" lake for 30 years. Great place.
Don't get Augy started ...he may fire up the tourny points race...since it's your home lake :wink:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
953 Posts
There's some information on the "Deep Lake Forum" under the 6-2 outing thread. Plans are to meet up there around 5:00 a.m. to catch the early morning bite.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Danno said:
Just let me know the time and place and any tackle in particular I should pick up from Dicks on my shopping spreee today!
there is no "go-to" bait for deep. the conditions will dictate what you throw.

usual setup for some of the guys is to bring 3-4 rods. i usually bring 2-3 baitcasters and 1 spinning rigged with a couple options to cover an area with multiple baits.

hopefully topwater bite will be on so be prepared for that. senkos/dingers as well as creature baits all work well there too.

throw spinnerbaits for both bass and pike. and if your real lucky you may even end up with the rare longnose gar. :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.