Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out at the lake around 11. The weather was great and everyone was out enjoying the park. Started out by the parking lot throwing a buzz bait. Hooked up on one and lost him near the shore. Began to walk around the lake since it was my first time out there.

Near shore is really shallow. Made it around towards the bridge where there were a handful of people fishing. Hooked up on nothing but the water is deeper near shore there. There was a large group fishing on the other side of the bridge but didn't stay around to watch. Did sit and watch a guy with his 20 ft or so telescoping pole hook up on a small sunfish. Must be a work out to use that.

As I continued around the lake fished shortly at one of the small coves just over the hill from the parking lots. Saw a dead bass but looked promising for future outings. When I was about to leave noticed a spincast rod and reel in the tall bushes. It has a broken tip. Come on people the garbage can is 10 ft away. Grabbed the cheap setup and took the spin cast of and through away the rod. Don't think I will ever use it but the sis can have it.

Didn't catch anything but did see all the carp in the lake spawning. If only they would have taken the kids bobbers we could have emptied them out of the lake, they were all over. Would be some easy bow fishing.

25 Days until I will be in Canada fishing Eagle lake.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On another note read in past posts no wading. Understand there are some holes out there but in some places the shallows run pretty far out since on a sunny day it was pretty clear. I don't think any of the signs said no wading.

Anyone know for sure on the no wading. Think I may call.

Fish On!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Majority of the carp were inside the docks. You could find more south of the fountain along the grass lines. You could get at better look at them along the rocks by the bridge. You could see them on them from the bridge. Finally below the high lookout near the parking lots. You couldn't miss them they were rolling all over the place.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
No wading is allowed at Lake Glenview.

As for the carp, they sure do make a commotion. Wish there was a way to control them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.