Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got out for about 1/2 hour at 11:30. fished senkos and got one 11-12" lmb that had already been caught by another angler who left his purple senko and nice offset hook in the fish. it was slightly gullet hooked, but easily removed by going in through the gills and flipping the hook around.

ladies and gentlemen, please take the time to learn this simple and effective technique! especially if you use better quality hooks. it does work well in most gullet hooked situations and will save a fish for someone else to enjoy catching. [end of rant]

met up with an old-timer who fishes there every year. he said it has been very slow and shuts down every year near the end of june unless you can access deeper waters. (ps. caught this fish while he was standing there :) )

· Registered
5,187 Posts
Thanks for the report. It irks me too when people don't know how to remove hooks and either injure the fish or leave it in place. I guess that my profession makes me the resident expert at removing hooks though.. :D

· Registered
383 Posts
I completely agree with you guys. I was fishing a pond back at school a few months ago and landed a bass that had 10 feet of line still hanging from its mouth. The hook had long been swallowed and was probably being digested but there was 10 feet of line just coming out of its mouth! I clipped the line as close to the hook as possible and it swam off probably a lot happier. It must have really sucked having that line getting in the way of everything. I guess the fisherman's line may have just snapped... but yeah I felt really bad for the fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.