Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 7:30-10:00am by the dam between lagoons 5 and 6. Landed 4 and lost 2 lm. Biggest being about 8in(yes i know its small) using white twister tail/spinner. My son G.J. got nothin but weeds. I saw Augy, Culprit, not sure if that was Danno(never seen his picture yet). Nice to meet you guys from a distance, maybe next time we can fish from the same side of the bank.
The guy beside me was a nice guy, but when he started bragging about his catches for the last few days and showing pictures of his catches i just had to tell him what was in my head. I told him to practice catch and release in a nice and yelling way. i dont know if Augy and them guys heard me. He even complained that he's not catching anything this morning and told him "exactly why you should practice catch and release".

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hello Spawn!

Yep was me, with augy, culprit and cubsfan across the damn.
I pulled 2 bass out one being about 10-11" the other about 15". Right out of the west side of cove six. Both on a perch colored X-RAP

Oh, that guy your talking about, thats the same id10t I was talking about in my post called "Keepers" And he says he does it every day. Dont blame you for leaving, because of him. I did. Glad you got a word in.

Next time I see him Im going to start chucking rocks in the lake from in the forest. Or ill just call the DNR and report him for under size bass, cause I know he doesnt measure them.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice meeting u guys out there,this was my 1st time at the lagoons ,looks like a good place to take the ships out sometime :)
I got 2 dinks and lost 2 fish today on rat-l-traps.

·
Registered
331 Posts
yeah, chuck rocks!(NO DON"T!, just VERBALLY confront them) 'cause the DNR and CCFP Honchos certainly does'nt give a RATZ ARSE"L !! In ALL the hours I have spent fishing at Skokie Lagoons I have NEVER ONCE -- READ THIS Illinois DNR and Cook County Forest Preserve Officers, I have NEVER EVER ,not even ONE SINGLE TIME, been asked for my license ,nor have I seen ONE SINGLE OFFICER walking the bank!!! I HAVE seen enough VOILATIONS and VIOLATORS,ILLEGAL fish kept and COUNTLESS UNLICENSED "fisherpersons" , you know tyhe ones I'm talking about, the ones using a bottle or tin can for a "rod and reel"........ DO NOT BITCH AT ME at the fishing shows about budget cuts or staff reductions, because you ARE NOT DOING YOUR JOB ANYWAY!!!!!!!! If you were, you would make enough in FINES ALONE to more than make up for budget shortfalls! PLEASE, Don't even BOTHER to get out of your car and ticket every single person of a 12 person party having a "picnic and fishing(I mean POACHING )outing, when they bring 6 bags of groceries, 2 cases of MODELO BEER(ILLEGAL) and a bag of charcoal and LEAVE EVERY SINGLE PIECE of GARBAGE and DIAPERS, yes 3 or MORE diapers, right on the bank where they were ILLEGALLY POACHING AND DUMPING!!! Officers, YOUR OWN FAILURE TO GET OUT OF YOUR CAR,not sit in it at tower road...(I ran out of fingers and toes counting the times I've SEEN THAT!)..... and DO THE JOB YOU WERE HIRED TO DO (not just write tickets for parking after dark)and PROPERLY SERVE THE VOTERS and RESIDENTS OF COOK COUNTY, is the MAJOR reason these SCUMBAGS have NO FEAR of prosecution and of even getting a ticket and REPEATEDLY POACH AND DUMP every year, ALL YEAR!!! ( the LEGAL voters and residents that is......) All that said, and NO I don't feel any better- only MADDER, We are ALL responsible for our actions out there and picking up a single bag of trash,YEAH I KNOW IT'S NOT YOURS, will help the place look better and the FISHING GODS will reward you for it! I pick up ALL the discarded fishing line I come accros, and unfortunately that's AN AWFUL LOT , and I feel GREAT for having done it. The "MEATMEN" will get their come-uppance! Meanwhile ,I'm of to the 'Goons right now!!!! Take Care Boys and Girls, ALEX

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Well said Alex.

Aris . . .

Culprit said:
Nice meeting u guys out there,this was my 1st time at the lagoons ,looks like a good place to take the ships out sometime :)
I got 2 dinks and lost 2 fish today on rat-l-traps.
Lets get the armada out to the goons asap!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
nice meeting you from a distance as well spawn. glad you spoke to that guy and shared cpr info. it's all we can really do is to educate people like him.

Alex, why don't you tell us how you really feel! :mrgreen: I couldn't agree with you more regarding the conservation officers. they really are nothing more than parking lot attendants with a gun. :evil:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.