Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my first time, it was awesome. I left late and once I got there, it took a while to find a good spot, so I only got to fish for about 45 minutes. I'll be back...hopefully tomorrow. The pictures that I posted are just some of the fish caught...

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Way to go, Phil! Where were you and what did you use?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was by one of the bridges...not really sure which one and I was using medium roaches and large fatheads with a #4 hook. All fish were caught on a slip bobber setup about 2-3 feet deep. I wasn't exactly paying much attention to my bobber because I was with two other people (both who needed help setting up, casting, etc.), so if I was, I would have landed many more fish. I think I lost about six :oops: :lol: . I'll most likely be back tomorrow...hopefully with more fish. I'll make sure to post with some more pics.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I was surprised by the size of all of the fish. I didn't even catch one small fish. There was another guy there, who says that he goes there everyday after work and his biggest bass was 9 lbs.! He lost a really nice one while I was there. Can't wait until next time. I'll be sure to bring some artificials, especially plastics. I have a feeling that my biggest bass is soon to come out of there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts