Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out after work for about 75 minutes looking for some bass action at IG. It was raining, and not very pleasant outside. I had some areas that are not very easy accessible by the shore bound angler so I took a page out of Dave's book and put on my waders 8)

Well, that was not the greatest idea. To my suspicion, the area i wanted to fish had a very muddy, weedy bottom. Probably great for holding fish, but not so much for wading. It was tough trying to walk around in my waders in that mud. My failed experiment lasted about 20 minutes before a pair of angry muskrats ran me out of my spot by swimming towards me and slapping their tails. I got their message.

So I went back and walked the shores. Worked plastics, cranks, and a jig. No dice. No hits. I'm 0 for IG so far this year. Soon enough though..

Mike

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good to see you got out after work, even in the rain. Funny how muskrat Suzie and muskrat Sam got you doing the jitterbug out in muskrat land.-sorry, couldn't help it. We gotta get out and chase some smallies while the perch are making their way here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.