Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Convinced my wife to let me dip out for 2 hours this afternoon. Got to the south pool at 2pm with air temps about 53 degrees, bluebird skies, and a moderate SW wind. Threw a jerkbait for <10 min, then switched to a wacky rigged BioSpawn ExoStick in Bama bug. After about 30 minutes I caught this little chunk about 10 ft off the rocks along the west side of the south pool. (sorry for the poor angle on the pic).

After 20 minutes I tied on a shaky head (MegaStrike with a Catch Co. Flicker Worm) and I worked my way up under the bridge and around the willow tree. While at the willow tree I bumped into another angler working a cigar and a T-rigged speed worm. He told me he caught 3-4 bass under the willow tree the previous day at about 3pm as the wind was blowing pretty heavy into that shoreline. We chatted for a few minutes and then I worked my way back down the rock wall in the south pool all the way to the bottom tip. I saw a few fish busting the surface, one was definitely a carp, but one or two of the others may have been bass or pike. I could not get any takers.

As I was walking back to my car at about 4pm the man that I saw by the willow tree popped out of the bushes and flagged me down. He said I was probably the only one around who would appreciate what he had to show me and he took out his phone and showed me a pic of a fish he said he caught about 10 minutes prior along the rock wall in the south pool. I had my sunglasses on and there was a strong glare on the screen so it was not perfectly clear, but it certainly looked like a muskie to me, at least 30". He was pretty shocked as was I. I knew The Glen had pike, but never saw or heard of any muskie in there. Were my eyes deceiving me, or has anyone else ever heard/seen any Skis in the Glen?

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Last I spoke to the resource manager 3 or 4 years ago, there had been talk of stocking musky, but I never heard it was happening for sure. I may have to reach out again.

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
I want to know about all the little subdivision retention ponds inside the glen. A lot of them look new, but I'm sure some of the older ones hold bass.

Btw, the best lake in Glenview is at Valley Lo. Private homes and a Golf course is your only way in. 8)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Aux Pleins said:
I want to know about all the little subdivision retention ponds inside the glen. A lot of them look new, but I'm sure some of the older ones hold bass.

Btw, the best lake in Glenview is at Valley Lo. Private homes and a Golf course is your only way in. 8)
Had a customer I used to do hvac for on the lake and let me fish but he moved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.