Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to Ferson Creek to go after some small mouth- the creek was all choked up with carp. Must have seen about 50 carp :( so i switched to fishing for carp - suppose it's better to catch something then nothing at all- too bad my 4 pound test didn't hold up too well with the big guys. Ended the day practicing working the drag.

That was starting in Leroy Oaks at the eastside hole- think i'll try the mouth at the fox (ferson creek park) later today or maybe later this week.

Best of luck anglers

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I hit 3 Fox creeks over the weekend.

One had a few carp and suckers in it even though two weeks ago it was filled.
One had nothing but creek chubs and shiners, which I caught a lot of.
The last had mainly smallies with a few quill backs thrown in.

Did catch 32 of the smallies.

Over the last 12 years I've noticed that what goes up the creek and when can really vary. The last creek is usually full of carp, suckers and quillbacks. Didn't seem to happen this year. Unless it happened so quick I missed it.

It's all temperature driven and I did notice that the creek with the chubs was 57 degrees and the one with the smallies was 62.

I remember seeing on someone's signature once . . . until fish can talk, it's all just theory.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to the fox where ferson creek runs in... Not so much luck. A couple of bites and one large mouth :? tried jigging with a few twister tails (what color works best in the fox?)- then switched to some mepps spinners. Finally got a little bored and put on a buzz bait and that's when i got the largemouth. Had fun until it got a bit chilly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.