Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished from about 4-830. was pretty slow during my first time at beck. caught many decent sized bluegills later in the day. one huge surprise though. i looked out in the water and saw a big bass roll over on its bed. I tossed my slipbobber with the worm and my bobber moves so i set the hook. after about a two minute fight i land a 3.5 pound bass with the help of a real nice guy who i met on the lake today. only thing that sucks was it was tail hooked so it doesnt really count. still an awesome fight on a 6'6" ultra lite. will definitely be back.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
a better term as it was on accident would be "Foul Hooked" It happens, but totally sucks, I have not foul hooked a bass in many years!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
On 5/11 at around 7:00PM I think I caught that same bass you snagged. I was using a worm and bobber. I noticed his tail was bleeding and I figured he got snagged. He snapped my line right off shore, but I went in after him and pulled him out. The water was too shallow for him to swim a way. I wish I had a camera. Thanks for releasing him, he was a fun catch.

Jonathan

·
Registered
513 Posts
jonnnyd23 said:
Possibly from spawning. It looked like there was a piece missing though. Is that common from spawning? I'm not as experienced with fishing as you guys.
Yeah that is common with the spawn. The males fan out the bed resulting in a beat up tail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.