Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the Fox at 4200 cfs and going straight up, and the creeks all blown out, no adventure this weekend.

Maybe.

Besides, picking up the daughter at U of I for the end of the school year and she's staying at my place for the weekend.

Promised to make her some pasta with squirrel sauce, not kidding.

We're going to make her boyfriend eat it. Initiation into the family you know.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darth Wader said:
I got to add that the background on the site truly enhances the post! Site is looking great man!
Thanks Darth. I was glad when I found that style. Gives it the journal feel I always wanted. Now I'm designing a paper version to look like that. Post it for the internet, then for paper and eventually print it out.

When all goes to hell and everything digital disappears, I want it on paper. Might last a little longer for my girls.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was able to fish at the big rock quarry and a bit of the creek last Thursday. Beautiful scenery as always. More people fishing there then I am used to- not bad luck but not great either. I swear those fish taunt people on purpose right of the ledge.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Big Rock Quarry is located in Sugar Grove in Kane County
Taking 47 South (from Elburn) make a right going west on Jericho - It's a forest preserve on your right about 4 miles down. I used to do prairie restoration work there :D Park in the back parking lot and follow the gravel trail a touch.

46W524 Jericho Rd.
Big Rock, IL

http://www.kaneforest.com/ForestPreserveView.aspx?ID=3

(sorry- has little to do with the fox river, but Ken G mentioned it on his journal)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks nsselle.

Gatsby, I put any of the creeks that feed into the Fox on Fox forums.
Easier that way. Big Rock Quarry feeds into the creek.

I've fished the creek from there to over a half mile south of Jericho. Some days better than others fish wise, but worth the hike.

There's a stretch along the quarry lake you have to walk on shore. Too deep to wade. Same with under Jericho Road. Been meaning to get there to see if it got all blown out by all the flooding. Further south it sure has.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.