Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I fished Busse's WWD from 8:00-12:30. I met up with toothdoc and later with Bigrain and his son. There was a cold breeze but the sun made it feel like spring.

When I arrived there were no other fishermen! And Augy was correct; when I got there I saw some HUGE bass swimming around near the grate. Right off the bat I caught 4 tiny bass where the WWD meets the creek. I used a #6 hook and 6 pound line baited with large fat heads. I caught four more bass scattered through out the day some on small jigs. The sad part was that none of them were bigger than the gizzard shad I pulled out of the NSC yesterday :oops:.

Nothing seemed to get the attention of the big bass. I tried all kinds of stuff. I ended up catching 6 blue gills trying worms; oh well.

LMB - 8
Blue Gill - 6

5 in 5 Schedule:

Thursday - Navy Pier
Friday - South Rocks
Saturday - Beck Lake

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Love your fishing tour, Sean. And yeah, those gizzard shad an the NSC are mutant big!

Nice job getting out and getting on some fish.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I met up with Sean a little after 9 am. Lee's was out of fathead minnows, so I had to settle for some medium roaches. Throughout the morning I kept seeing those big bass. I tried the roaches, nightcrawlers and even some plastics. All were put right in their faces. But as Spence Petros would say, I ran out of time. It was a nice day to be out though.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
sounds like a good wcf outing guys. them big bass gotta eat sometime right. guess you just gotta get there at the right time when they get hungry. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I agree with Augy. Those big guys gotta eat sometime. I just want to know what they would like to see on the menu. :wink:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I went there and met Islandfisher but no toothdoc.
Island is so nice and gave me the worm, it worked better than my minnow.

My son got some bluegills but not bass, and in the same time, our neighbor got so many big mouse basses.

anyway we enjoyed this sunny day!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Bigrain, it sounds like I left before you arrived. I'm sorry that I missed you and your son. Maybe next time.

You can always catch panfish there on minnows or nightcrawlers. The trick is to catch the bass. The big bass. :wink:

·
Registered
136 Posts
toothdoc said:
Bigrain, it sounds like I left before you arrived. I'm sorry that I missed you and your son. Maybe next time.

You can always catch panfish there on minnows or nightcrawlers. The trick is to catch the bass. The big bass. :wink:
I am sure I will meet you guys in future!
Today I went there too late, because 1, I don't drive highway before, 2, I printed the map but still didn't find the parking so I parked in the lot of high school across the street.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
We have been talking about those big bass for over a week now. We have come to the conclusion that they are probably eating after dark. The problem is that Busse is closed then. :cry:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Augy said:
maybe a piece of spam?!! everybody and everything loves spam! :mrgreen:
Not me that is! :mrgreen: I don't want to look like Mr. Green here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts