Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I didn't catch any fish, day 4 of my 5 in 5 was the most exciting so far. My dad and I arrived at the South Rocks today around 6:30, set up on the harbor side and fished till 10. The temps were in the forties (everyday of my 5 in 5 so far has had beautiful weather).

My father caught one male steelhead (seen below). Both him and I were using pink steelhead jigs with crawlers under a float.

I had a big fish on that ran like crazy for two minutes or so before he got loose. The guys on both sides of us did well using shrimp. I helped one of the gentlemen net this beauty!

Although I didn't catch anything, I still had one hell of a time attempting to bring in the fish I had on my line. Oh, well.

Steelhead - 1 (caught by my father)

Me and my buddy Rudy (aka twoglasseyes, brand new to WCF!) are going to Beck for the last outing of my 5 in 5. I don't know if it will be as exciting as today but it should be a blast!

P.S. I called this 5 in 5 although I technically fished Lake Michigan twice. 4 in 5 just doesn't sound good 8).

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
nice outing even if u didnt catch anything

theres always next time

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Thanks for the report Sean. There's something about fighting a salmon or trout that makes LM so exciting to fish at times. Good luck tomorrow at Beck. :D

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Right on, dude. Sounds like you're having a blast on your "fishing tour".

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
That's awesome Sean. It's cool you fished with your dad. His smile says it all. Good luck at Beck tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts