Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only had an hour to kill. The water is starting to settle down after the rains. There was a good stiff wind. I walked the east shore around to the north shore throwing a shaky headed pumpkin zoom worm. Absolutely nothing, I thought the rains were still holding things down at Axehead. I switched over to the X-rap on the walk back to the car. Amazing, I casted just over the weed beds and back throughthe lanes. I was getting follows and a couple of missed hook sets. I did manage another Axehead Special. I don't know if I should keep the X-rap's magic under wraps or extol its virtues. I am a total believer.

·
Registered
382 Posts
LOL @ Axehead special.

What kind of retrieve were you doing? Walking the dog or just slashing it back and forth?

I've only caught 1 fish on an X-Rap, but it was pure luck on my part, and pure instinct by the fish. The lure must have landed right in front of him, I don't think the whole lure was in the water before he tried to take off with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.