Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 3-4:30pm, on the north side of the northwest finger.

Got this one on a Pumpkinseed Senko tossed into the weeds. About 17 1/2, nice fat female. Not bad for lake arlington. After her, decided it was time to learn how to use the new baitcaster.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
nice! it's too bad you didn't get her with the new baitcaster. would of been a sweet way to pop the cherry on your very first day of your baitcast journey.

you really don't get to appreciate a baitcast rig until you hook into a decent fish and feel the difference in power. you feel a solid connection with tje fish and know you've got the muscle when you need it.

553 Posts
Sweet to pop the cherry, that's hilarious. It looks like you worked up quite a sunburn on those forearms? That is a nice looking bass I have to say. I especially like the way it's eyes look, pretty funny. Too bad you didn't catch her on the bait caster, but once you get used to it you'll catch a lot of fish so don't worry. I also agree on the fact that with a bait caster you feel the fish more and you also feel that you have more strength to bring them in. Good luck. :D :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Augy said:
nice! it's too bad you didn't get her with the new baitcaster. would of been a sweet way to pop the cherry on your very first day of your baitcast journey.

you really don't get to appreciate a baitcast rig until you hook into a decent fish and feel the difference in power. you feel a solid connection with tje fish and know you've got the muscle when you need it.
lol.. When I started I rigged the baitcast up with a Chatterbait to practice, and the old spinning reel with the Senko. Was just tossing the senko into the weeds while I was walking along the shore not really expecting to catch anything on it. That LMB was caught in the first 10 mins I was there. I cant wait to catch a big ole bass on the baitcast! The sunburns not that bad, my cam phone just makes it look worse. But, I actually do have a bit of color in my skin for a change! I swear on a fish that big, sometimes I feel that the spinning reel will just pull apart. Ill probably break her in at the lagoons going after my "White Whale".

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Well done Dan, that's a nice bass! The camera on your phone takes nice pics, just be careful you don't drop it in the water: you and I both know what will happen then :oops: .

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dropping my phone in the water would be a blessing! Im in IT and support large distribution centers and im on call 24/7. The sound of that phone ringing makes me cringe at times.
But no matter how hard I try I cant break it, or drop it in the lake for some reason.

Your camera and phone ever work again?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Danno said:
Your camera and phone ever work again?
My phone works which stinks because it was a piece of crap to begin with and my camera is fried. I went to walmart and bought an $85 digital. It's got 5 mega pixel and is pretty decent for the price. I make sure to keep this one in a zip lock now whenever I'm fishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.