Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad went out today from 9:30 till 12:30. He picked up a couple small crappie rite away then nuttin. He was fishing at the boat launch at potter rd. Said it was a beautiful day and he talked to some guys puttin in boats. Well thats all I got :) :) :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
right on... I'm thinkin that's a great spot to catch lots of crappie. I ended up goin back after lunch yesterday and caught a few more, missed a good bass and landed a 16" walleye. The best part about the lagoons (although this doesn't apply to someone with the luxury of a boat) is that a lot of really wonderful spots can only be reached on foot with light luggage. Avoiding the pressure and gett'n some privacy seems tough @ most of the forest preserves round here and if you can find spots under the canopy you can dodge the weeds and hit a mess of fish in the shade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
jason, I'm not sure what you mean when you say "a lot" but I was at belleau one day and it was so loud I couldn't hear the interstate and evertime I took a step I stirred up 15 or so... if this is the lovely scenario that you are referring to then I'd say that the lagoons have been relatively mild. One mornig it was pretty loud but as far as having to brush'em off every few minutes I have yet to run into that. I haven't even seem that many of them gett'n knocked off the topwater in the evening. Say'n that I'll probably get destroyed this week. hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.