Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Opeka with my boat and was snubbed away, boat access for the summer will begin TOMORROW :evil:

So my wife talked me into taking the yacht over to Beck. Fished from 4:30ish to 6:30ish, gentle winds, clouds. Tons of wierdos with their rods in their hands :shock: along the N/W shoreline, I think they were wearing WCF t-shirts or somethin' (couldn't resist!)

Fished the western shore line with spinners, a black 4" senko, and a few shads. Skunked big time. Though my wife lost one on a slip bobber worm. I had a few nibbles but no takers. I think someone caught something as we were leaving but otherwise I didn't see any of the dozen or so shore guys reeling in anything other than their lures. Nor did the fly-fishing guy or the Bass boat guy, or the wading guy. Very dead today.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
The WCF shirt finally came in??!! I wish I had used Fedex but not enough people are clicking on my Google ads! So I have had to settle for Vladimir's Freight Service. Damned them! :?

Let me be blunt... Beck Lake is a whore. You either get it or you don't at Beck. Beautiful lake... big fish ARE in there, but you have to work, work, work for them. Heidecke falls into that category as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts