Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, took a trip down south with a couple buddies to fish a quarry my buddy has access to. After unlocking the gate and driving all the way back there, it was pretty cool to just drive to where ever you wanted to fish and pitch a bait. Some areas were steep drops and were not safe to drive down, so we didn't fish those areas. We caught fish on top-waters to texas rigs. from chug-bugs to buzzbaits, to senkos, to texas rigged lizards. With the dark murky water from all the run-off rain. Black and Blue was the ticket as well as Black and red for the chug-bug. Watermelon senkos with black flake was a good ticket too. As well as black and blue lizards. Anything dark would hit them! All bass came around 6-10 FOW. I lost a nice smallie about 19-20 inches right by shore! :oops: I messed up as I basically took a spill and almost fell in when about to land her and bam, she shook it out! :x

Most fish were around this size, a few were bigger. But we had no time for pics as we were going crazzy switching rods and throwing different baits.

We had a blast and will be back there next week for sure as i'ts already planned out. We didn't start fishing until 4pm and stopped at around 8:30 as we forgot the Backwoods spray. :oops: The skeeters were in full force!

This was average size. We must have easily managed a fish every 3 minutes or so.

This pic we snapped really fast before it started to get dark. It hurt a bit on my collar bone to stick some fish, but the pain payed off! :mrgreen: I feel like a million bucks that I was finally able to get out and get some decent fish. I have not been out for awhile. It felt good! :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
It hurt a bit on my collar bone to stick some fish, but the pain payed off! :mrgreen: I feel like a million bucks that I was finally able to get out and get some decent fish. I have not been out for awhile. It felt good! :mrgreen:
Way to tough it out Dave...Looks like your tourny ready for next weekend :lol:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dedfisher said:
youve got some of the best secret spots out there. i dont know how you find them all.
Lots of time and lots of talking... 8)

Google earth is a nice feauture as well... :wink:

I as well fish ponds by work offices too :mrgreen: They hold some nice bass some of them.

Some are right in your neck of the woods. :wink:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mplant1 said:
nice job dave. i wouldn't consider 77 degrees brutal though. this week will be brutal as temps hit 90s with high humidity!
Haha, Well it felt like it with a black shirt on and some good humidity after the rain. :lol: My dumbass chose to wear black in the sun. What was I thinking!!! :oops:

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS GUYS! 8)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Report in the brutal heat
Don't ever go to Florida man! :lol: I know what you mean about the black. I went up north this weekend and packed three black tees. Then when I got out on the water I realized I grabbed the deepwoods off rather than the sunscreen that morning. Lot of good that did me.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
twoglasseyes said:
Report in the brutal heat
Don't ever go to Florida man! :lol: I know what you mean about the black. I went up north this weekend and packed three black tees. Then when I got out on the water I realized I grabbed the deepwoods off rather than the sunscreen that morning. Lot of good that did me.
Oh I love florida. spent 2 months their racing 2 years ago during the winter time for the Florida Winter Tour and the PRI Race Show. I was shirtless most of the time. LOL Sunscreen is a must down there. Sorry to hear you grabbed the deepwoods instead of the sunscreen. LOL I think we all have done it. :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys, I cant wait to hit the water this coming weekend!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.