Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Went out to IG this afternoon.
With my wife and a son and his wife. $12 to park, but that's okay. Crowded, and lots of people fishing but that's okay too. Best part, unlike Busse for example, no loud pouding music, no mounds of trash no pahlanx's of catfish poles to surmount and no buckets. Lots of shore access where we were able to fish within earshot of each other we worked along the two North pools. My son hooked into a bunch of crappies, by a footbridge. We all caught a few bass. This one being the biggest.Not huge by any stretch. But respectable. Everything caught on small 2-3" paddletails or finesse worms worked slow.

Resized_20210620_162754.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
:arrow:

Nice!

joeyl said:
Best part, unlike Busse for example, no loud pouding music, no mounds of trash no pahlanx's of catfish poles to surmount and no buckets.
All good, yet some evildoer still snuck in and removed your head. :shock:

joeyl said:
My son hooked into a bunch of crappies,
:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
$12 for parking? Can you imagine the revenues the state would take in if they charged even $5 for parking in state parks? Not to mention the reduction in trash tossed around.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Rambler said:
$12 for parking? Can you imagine the revenues the state would take in if they charged even $5 for parking in state parks? Not to mention the reduction in trash tossed around.
pretty sure it's free for lake county residents

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah non Lake county residents pay $6 during the week and $12 weekends and holidays. While I think it's pricey I fully understand why. Keeps the hoards South of Lake Cook road. I got what I paid for in a clean orderly place, to spend the afternoon with my wife two adult kids and their significant others. If I was alone I'd just find a place to park outside and ride a bike in on the trail.
That said I wonder what would happen if the CCFP made Busse catch/release? Or charged a reasonable fee for weekend parking?

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Not sure they could get away with parking fees at Busse or any other CCFP. But state parks are a no brainer. Just look at WI, IN, MI, etc.

Speaking of state parks, opening day for Le Aqua Na has been postponed - no scheduled opening. Once it opens fishing will be C&R only for a year.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Been keeping an eye on Le Aqua Na for the past year. I'd like to put my canoe in there & fish for bass.

·
Registered
457 Posts
FloridaRigger said:
Rambler said:
pretty sure it's free for lake county residents
Residents only pay on Tuesday nights when the concert is on.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't know where your fishing Busse but. There's a lot of options. You'll see when the videos launch. I highly applaud you for posting a picture with your report :) and also for using ethical practices ::))

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Geo,
I've seen some of your North Branch videos, cool stuff. I'll keep an eye out for your Busse videos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts