Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to the Glen this morning at 7:30am-9:00am. The weather was cool in the low 60's, wind ~10 mph, and partly cloudy sky.

I fished from the northern most pier all the way to the first bridge using a 5" smoke pearl Yum Dinger (texas rigged, weightless) and caught two fish. I hooked into my biggest bass of the summer (measured 18 inches; probably a little short of 3lbs/my scale froze and I wanted to get it back into the water asap so I didn't get a measure) just south of the southern most pier about 40-45 feet north of that submerged tree. Fought like a beast -- best fight I've had at the Glen so far.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, here's a better pic of the fish I caught this morning. Man, after catching her I feel like driving the 5 minutes to the Glen from my house and fishin' again this evening... hah hah

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Nice fish! I caught a 4+ lb'er there last year, so I know that they are in there.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
toothodoc,
Yeah, this was the 2nd ~3lber (18 incher) I caught out of the Glen since I started fishing there. My last one I caught was about 3 years ago so I'm guessing that if it had enough to eat in the past few years.... there might be a couple good 4-5 lbers in there. (?!)

But yeah, the lake is definitely lacking a good bluegill population. I see people fishing with worms/bobbers and they still struggle to catch them. Those bass need baitfishh to eat! All the bass I've caught in the past year or two have been real skinny... do you know anything about the stocking of lake glenview?

yeah, I think i'm going to go again this evening..... haha

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I talked to an employee of the Glenview Park District that fishes there a lot. He said that they did stock some largemouths there last fall. I forget how many he said though.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went out again earlier today from around 11am-12pm
It was sunny, about 75 degrees out, with not a single bit of wind

Got skunked....

I tried switching up my techniques but no success. It's alll good I'll get em next time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts