Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time fisherman, first time poster. Do most of my fishing on Poygan up north for smallies, whites, walleyes and cats but decided to bring a couple rods home to fish the area lakes, mostly Axehead. It's been 10 years since I fished the Axe and my old ways still seem to be working. Fished 2 till 6 Sunday on the south side, slip bobber rig with a plain #6 aberdeen and wax worms in about 10 to 15 feet of water. Did alot of fish feeding :? , caught some bass bait (small stuff) but pulled a few like the pics below.

After reading the posts here, seems like I'm one of the few that fishes gills in the area. What's up with that??? lol !

Well, tight lines to all. See ya at Axe, Beck, Belleua, Big Bend or Busse some day.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice gills man!

Yeah, most of the guys are mainly bass fisherman here but we love all kinds of fish. I just bought my first ultralight and am going to target gills on my next adventure. (I'm actually looking for really small ones for my fish tank :wink:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I must say i fished this lake in the winter for bluegills, and it had some of the best panfishing action i have ever seen. Ice fishing at this lake can be phenolmal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.