Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to take a break and headed over to Opeka from 2:30 - 3:00 or so. NNW winds, gusty, partly sunny, 75*, fished north point, 6lb mono line, pumpkinseed 5" senko's. Got six 10-12" Bass in my half hour there and then ran out of senko's. They were taking nothin' else so I headed home.

Lesson: the only thing different about today than any other time out there is the 6lb mono line. Had zero hits on the fireline and few on 10lb mono. I think I'll get some more dem senko's and see what happens tomorrow :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Did you use a mono leader with the Fireline? I think that you really need to when you use it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, no leader. I figure in most situations that kind of defeats the purpose. Plus I am not confident of any knots tied with fireline. As I mentioned in the 'braided vs. mono' thred, I will probably change my mind on this (again) but the stark results of yesterday agains all other days just seems to make a point about visibility being a big issue.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
When I use braid, I always use a mono leader for visibility. A uni to uni knot will be very strong and not fail.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Thanks for the tip, MrB. That would probably be easier than tying the uni knots.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Thanks for the tip, MrB. That would probably be easier than tying the uni knots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts