Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Des Plaines River

Well went there like at 10:00 AM. First went off to the des plaines river the water was murky but im guessing dats from the showers we had earlier. Fished there with my polish buddy who wanted to cath pike me am like a TOTAL newbie to pike so I was taking notes in my head, he was using some spoon that looked like an indian guy made it, he was casting and reeling very slowly, I was wondering is dat how to cath pike..?? I on the other hand was trying to get a hook in da water I tried a doughball for carp and I got nothing. So I packed up and went on my way to schiller. Saw 2 dead deer and a dead racoon.:|

Schiller Pond

Schiller Pond got there around 12:30 and started on some hotdogs..yes..hotdogs, I had a lot after memorial day weekend. Plus nothing else, I must admit i got skunked..PLUS!! the wind was kicking my ass..like stomping on da floor ass wooping. The pond looked beatiful as little waves were forming awesome site. I saw like 10 shirtless old polish guys who kept yelling it was scary. Well dats all got skunked but I blame the wind. couldt keep a tight line and water was too murky, horrible day and it was humid..Sheesh..Will go back again though, But my bike broke..:(

Well thanks for reading!

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Hey Lil Dude, Buy some skirt steak And assuming your fishing for cats to eat use treble hooks. Let the steak sit in the sun and once you put it on your treble it'll last all day. This will Work for cats when theres very few in a pond or nothing else seems to work.

Thanks for the report keep them coming!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.