Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the fact that I was in the area during my lunch break, I decided to cast a few at the local college pond. I was throwing a small pumpkin tube with a 1/8 oz weighted hook parallel to the shore. As I was bouncing it along the rip rap I got a huge strike. Just like that, I felt the line go dead and as I reeled in I soon realized that not only was the fish missing but also the lure. Two seconds later the fish shoots out of the water, shakes like crazy and my lure comes flying out of his mouth and lands right at my feet on the shore. Before he disappeared I noticed that he was a pretty big LM. It was almost like he was daring me to tie the lure back on and try again which I did. I didn't catch him but I was able to land about 5 more. Good little 30 minute session. I also picked up an attractive v-neck sunburn which that same evening my wife noticed before I did. :oops: "Have you been fishing, dear?" "Uh, who me?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.