Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad, sister, nephew and I got out with Jim from Lucky Dog on Sunday morning for a 5-hour Lake Michigan fishing trip as a Father's Day present to my dad. The sea was angry this day my friends. The winds were howling and the waves were crashing. Well, it wasn't that bad but it was rocking and rolling out there. We had a couple of fall downs from unexpected big waves. It was enough to make someone lose their breakfast, but we all maintained and we were fine. It was a great experience nonetheless. Apart from the waves it was a beautiful day and perfect temperatures. We got on some fish and ended up 11 for 17 which isn't too bad for a 5-hour trip in early July and we had doubles a couple times. We hauled in 1 steelhead, 2 lake trout, 4 coho, and 4 chinook. We were a brown trout short of catching all of species, but we did catch the other four!! Thanks again to Jim for getting on some nice fish and braving the wavy conditions. I think the smallest fish we got was still at least 5 or 6 lbs . We ended up with 3 chinook that went about 10 lbs and over with the largest being 13 lbs. It was great! Here are some photos for your enjoyment.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.