Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally picked up minnows before heading to IG. I had a rod hold that I put the minnow rod into while I fished with the other rod. The first cast I had more bites on my senko. I still cant tell if these are bluegills and I just feel them better because the rod is better than my ugly stick.
I hit my old trusty spot and I saw something weird. It was a foot tall bush travelling across the opposite bank a few feet deep? It took me a minute but I jumped on my bike and rushed over with dreams of seeing a muskie dragging a fishing pole. Never found it but then when I got back to my spot the bobber was gone. I landed a decent 14 inch bass but it was gut hooked :roll: I cut the line and threw it back. Turtles chased me out, they know bobber means food and they chase it.
I moved and saw groups of bass in lily pads. One shiner was eager and jumped out of the bucket so I casted it out to the bass and they stripped it off the hook in less than a second. I caught one or 2 small ones and then they seemed to leave as I fished for a half hour there. Then I moved to the NW cove with the sunken trees. Hooked a couple dinks, had something wrap my line around a tree, and finished off the catching with a decent catfish. I lost a ton of hooks and a couple bobbers, also lost a hula popper at the end by casting it into the same tree twice in a row.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Those pecks that you were feeling on the Senko were most likely bluegills. You will know when a bass takes it, because they usually try to swallow it hole, whereas panfish just nip at it. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Thanks for the report. It sounds like you are putting a lot of hard work into each of your outings. Before you know it you're going have a hog on the other end of your line!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.