Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shoreline; 84*, 10:30-11:30am, mild west winds, sunny. Threw chatter w/black curly tail, senkos and jig. Nothin.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, this is getting serious :x I've about had it with getting next skunked or skunked every time out. Tonight from shore 7:45-8:45pm. Threw chatterbait and got a small 6" bass on that flipped off right as I was pulling him out of the water. Senkos, nothin. Sluggo, nothin. I'm less than pleased with myself.

P.S. Took the blade off the jig head on the chatterbait and put it on a more reasonably sized 1/4oz jig head. Had enough of the chatter-flip loses. Also thinking about using the blade off my other chatterbait to rig to a senko hook to see what happens....

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Time for the ole bobber and a big fat worm :wink: ...fishing every day in July is bound to produce some skunks and with the current windy weather?

In December I'll chart out your month of July at Lake Opeka just to pass the time. keep fishing!!!!!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
When you are fishing by boat, do you have a depthfinder? Opeka does'nt have much visible structure. At least from what I remember. Try throwing a crankbait at dropoffs casting from deeper water to shore.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, got a depth finder. There is some decent drops, not a lot but some good ones. It's shore fishing that has mostly been dead. I haven't gone much with cranks there though so should try that. Thanks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts