Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boat: 5:30-7:30pm, very HOT, sunny, almost no wind, humid, muggy, you get the picture. Worked western/golfcourse shoreline with watermelon/cream 5" senkos, 8lb spiderwire green braided. They were hitting shoreline pitches a lot, got five @ 14" LMB with tons of misses. Seems they were bumping it either a few seconds after splashdown or the first twitch, after that nothing would touch it. Most of shoreline was productive, though 'spots' were all producing.

Interesting side note. I was out for a quickie this morning and shot the breeze with some old timers. One guy recanted the origins of Lake Opeka. He grew up around here and used to work the farms that were in the area. Well, some construction king bought up a bunch of land, sold the dirt from the lake to the tollway project and donated for $1 the Lake Park property on the condition that they make a golf course on a portion of it and keep it that way for 100 years. He also claimed that there were several cars in the deep water 'to hold the fish' and the lake is spring fed from the east right under the field house on that side. So it seems the lake and golf course have always gone hand in hand. Don't know if its all true, but now you know....the rest of the story.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice job topwater !

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have a super cheap digi camera we got from my wifes work as a reward for long term service or something. It usually eats up batteries so I don't take it, but I may start, that pic turned out ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts