Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I convinced my girlfriend to come with me to Axehead. I figured I can fish and she can relax and read her Sunday paper. Started to fish at 4PM. I set up a night crawler rig for her in case something wanted to bite. I fished artificial baits - senkos, crank, spinner, buzzbait and even a popper. The crawler rig got a hit, but we couldn't set the hook. Finished at 7:30PM with no fish.

The lake was crowded, but it was good to see that it was being utilized by so many families and couples. However, the area that we were fishing had about 8 crushed beer cans scattered along the shoreline. We had a plastic bag, so picked them all up and other trash in our area. That bag was almost full when we left! It really irks me to think that a select few can ruin a nice public space. I just hope Axe doesn't start looking like Skokie Lagoons.

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
I was also out there yesterday from 4pm-5pm. I knew it would be too tough to really get any fish. That sun was scorching and the NE winds made it tough to finesse fish. Did have several hits using a 3" Senko - yes I said Senko. I switched to that so I could cast out farther into deeper water. That produced all the hits, but they were likely panfish.

The lake was indeed crowded but most everyone seemed to be behaving. I think sometimes kids sneak in at night and get drunk so that might be why all those beer cans were around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.