Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10:30-11:30am, sunny, 80*, sw winds mild, threw senkos for about 45min with only one dink bass. Then threw out the remaining arsenal to no avail. Was out last night for a few minutes and was skenkoed. I hope she ain't slowin' down on me!!!!

Did talk to an old-timer who I see fishing with his bud quite a lot. They basically just sit and talk and fish a little. He mentioned the grounds crew not being too concerned about fishing on the golf course side during closed hours/season. But you didn't hear anything here :wink: He did confirm the lake holding cats, carp, walleye, pike, as well as bass. He also confirmed that if you can fish the golf course shoreline you'll hit paydirt!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I was speaking of shorefishing. It's kind of silly, you can pull your boat up to the shoreline over there, but you cannot sit on the shoreline to fish. But it is a bit dangerous with some less experienced golfers! But, its not free from hazards for them either. I wipped a black senko off my line and right past a golfers head last week :shock: Accidentally of course!

Anyway, you can only launch boats june through august, or weekends april through october. But the golf course closes I think in october, basically opening up that shoreline for fishing :wink: We'll see come fall....

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fished from 4:30-7pm, sw winds turning into ne winds, very mild, sunny. All I can say is :x :cry: :x :cry: Ok, first fish on hit the black senko on the fall like a cinderblock! Worked him all the way to the rip rap stuff, up over it and almost to my hand when..... you know the story! (flipped the hook out) :x :cry: :x :cry: :x Definately the largest LM i've had on at Opeka and probably the largest i've ever had on. Had to be a 3+lber, based on the 2.5er I've had on in the last few days. Finished off with a decent 12" LM and a dink who didn't even have the self respect to fight, just kinda laid on top of the water as I reeled him in. Did I say :x :cry: :x :cry: ?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
sorry you lost your lunker bro. didn't it feel great when they slam them senkos on the fall. :mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts