Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After not gettin' anything at The Glen last night, me and Aris decided to hit up Deep Lake this morning. We fished from about 6:15am until about 11am. It was mostly cloudy skies, Upper 60's to mid 70's, and it was real calm in the morning and then the wind shifted atleast 10 times and we left before it seemed like it was going to rain/storm on us.

We caught a few bluegill and dink bass fishing pop-R's and tiny torpedos. Then we fished senkos all around the lake (fishing weed bed edges) and I pulled out 3 good fish (16",16", and an 18.5")

Here's the 18.5" caught off of a 5" Watermelon colored senko on the weed bed edge on the east shoreline. It weighed 2 lb and 14 oz exactly.

The highlight of the morning though was when Aris hooked a good 4lb+ bass that hit a small grub that he flipped under a dock. The fish swam right out and went after it but missed it, and then he casted it out and the fish came back swallowed it, spit it out, then swallowed it again and Aris hooked the fish literally 2-3 feet from the boat. As the fish was just about to be landed w/ it's head up out of the water on the side of the boat the line snapped right at the knot. It was definitely the nicest fish I've personally seen pulled out of Deep, lol and if anbody pulls out a 4lb+ bass this Saturday w/ a grub hooked in its mouth it was probably his fish haha.

Aris, thanks for drivin' up and for showin' me around the lake more. You are now officially my deep lake fishing guide!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Augy, the topwater bite didn't last too long at all actually even w/ the overcast sky. We fished topwater probably only an hour (or less?). Aris said though that the conditions were pretty similar to when you and him were slayin' them last Saturday, but we didn't get any keepers.. The wind was really nuts today too, sometimes it'd be really windy then all of a sudden settle down and the lake would be dead still. It seemed like the fish were really scattered around the lake so we didn't stay south too long. Luckily, I had my best day of bass fishing of the summer today, so I am quite happy. Can't wait to get out again.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Way to go, guys!

Who needs drugs and alcohol when one can become addicted to Deep Lake?!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I had a great time fishing with u Tim.
Too bad about the fish though,we`ll get her next time.
sometimes we win and sometimes the fish win. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts