Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dashed over to Lake Arlington at about 7pm tonight. Worked the south shore between the point and the SE corner. Started by throwing some top water baits. I got a few nibbles from gills but no takers but I did have a follow from a decent bass. Switched to the black buzz bait and on my first 3 casts I landed 3 nice bass. All were about in the 14" range. Then nothing. The weeds are beat down from the storms and the water is more stained that normal. Also the water level is still a foot above normal. Just before dark I tied on the old reliable senko. I began casting about as far as I could because that is where the bass seem to have been biting before. In about a 15 minute period two big bass absolutely pounded the senko. It felt like prespawn again. Both put up an awesome fight. Here is one of them. The other was at least this big but too dark to get a picture. The bugs drove me out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.