Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to lake arlington about 6:30 tried the northwest finger till about 7 with a senko and black buzzbait, not a darn thing not even a bite. My guess is that darn flock of ducks scared everything away. Headed over to the southwest finger on the northside and threw my buzzbait, after about 2 throws saw a bass explode on it but miss! 2 casts later and another explosion, hooked him this time, about 17". about 5 mins later another bass exploded, on it and landed him, about 15". Got one more but right as he got to shore he shook the buzz bait loose. What a feeling, everthing was just going right, Baitcaster worked flawlessly, only had an hour and landed 2 nice fish. Oh, this was my first time EVER catching anything on a Topwater, and wow is it freaking awesome!!! Only left cause on my last cast my buzz bait hooked some brush and when I went to cast it went, with out my line.. Aghhhh.. OH well leave on a high note!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmmm, busse sounds like a good idea. Gotta convice the wife im on a roll and must keep going. I thought about tossing a senko after the first explosion cause i thought for sure they wouldnt hit the buzzbait again, but the bass hit it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.